This recipe is from Cook's Illustrated and is quick and easy. Delicious as a snack or for breakfast with almond, soy, coconut or hemp milk.
1/3 c maple syrup
1/3 c brown sugar
1/3 c olive oil
2 t vanilla extract
1/2 t salt
5 c old fashion oats
2 c chopped nuts ( I like almonds or pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in oats and nuts.
3. Line a jelley roll pan with parchment paper. Using a potato masher spread and press the gronala evenly in the pan.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Should be light golden brown. Turning once 1/2 way through.
5. Let cool completely and break apart. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.