These are a great snack when you need a little something sweet.
1 lb pecans and or walnuts
1 1/2 T butter
1/2 c 100% maple syrup
1 1/2 T Grand Marnier (I use often Triple Sec)
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat maple syrup, butter and alcohol and simmer for one minute.
- Then add salt and cinnamon.
- Add nuts and stir constantly until they completely absorb all liquid .
- Put nuts on parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.
- I like to store them in the freezer to keep them really crunchy.